Wednesday, 30 March 2016

Ese Oruru's Abductor, Yunusa Still In Jail Over Failure To Meet Bill Conditions

Eight days after he was admitted to bail by Justice Hyeladzira Ajiya Nganjiwa of the Federal High Court, Yenagoa, Yunusa Dahiru a.k.a Yellow is yet to meet his bail conditions.
Investigations indicated that his defence team and Dahiru family have been battling to meet the bail conditions so that Yunusa can leave the Okaka Prison before the April 19 adjourned date. Frantic efforts to meet the bail conditions have been largely unsuccessful as there is nobody willing to sign the bail bond.

At the Okaka Prison where he is being remanded, Yunusa, who is now emaciated is said to be deeply
worried over failure of his family to meet the bail conditions after the court admitted him to bail.

Nganjiwa had admitted Yunusa to bail on stringent conditions of N3 million and two sureties in like sum, resident within the jurisdiction of the court. Also one of the sureties must be a title holder, while the second person must be civil servant on Grade Level 12 or above.

The bail conditions also stipulated that the two sureties must submit their three years tax clearance receipts and that the defence counsel must sign an undertaking that the accused would not jump bail.

SunNews reports that if the week runs out and the bail conditions are not met, the defence counsel might be forced to go back to the Court and ask for a variation of the bail conditions.

“It is a serious matter as we have not been able to meet the bail conditions. If the situation remains, then the defence counsel would be directed to ask for variation of the bail terms” a source close to the defence team disclosed.

Meanwhile Uhrobo Progressive Union (UPU) are set to draft a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) to the prosecution team to ensure justice for Ese.

This is as a result of the frustrations being expressed by Mr and Mrs Charles Oruru over the handling of the case by the police prosecution team.

Shortly after Justice Nganjiwa admitted Yunusa to bail on March 21st, the Orurus had stormed out of the court premises citing shoddy handling of the matter by the prosecution.

There have been complaints by Civil Rights activists that after the Special Prosecutor, Kenneth Dika appeared in Court during the arraignment, he has left the case for James Anata.

The Chairman of the Civil Liberty Organisation (CLO) in Bayelsa, Chief Nengi James had expressed lack of confidence in the prosecution team and called for the police to send their best from Abuja to handle the case.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...